Thursday 24 July 2014

Chapter 19

It was a rainy Saturday morning, Arnav and Khushi were still cuddled in bed fast asleep in a warm bundle. It felt so good to be in each others arms after the confession. She snuggled closer to him making him hold her tight at the same time he did not apply pressure on her so the baby would be safe. he held her to his heart she had gone to sleep listening to his heart beat.Arnav had his eyes shut but he was still awake. He was caressing her back and she was trying her hardest not to laugh... He was finding this so funny. She look so cute trying to put on a straight face for him so she didnt look so week. Finally she gave up and looked up at him and said

Khushi: Arnavji dont it tickles me 

Arnav: What the (he said pretending not to know) what did I do, I am sleeping 

khuhsi: (she put on a cute angry face and said) Arnavji your caressing my back and thats tickling me 

Arnav: What I am not even touching you, you must be dreaming 

Khushi: Oh really (she said sitting up on the bed)

Arnav: (he sat up too) Yeah Really 

Khushi: yeah why would you caress my back only lovers do that, and you dont love me (she said looking down) 

Arnav: (knew exactly what she was doing and so he played along) yeah your right i dont love you 

Khushi: (eyes flew up to him and she said in shock) What you dont love me 

Arnav: What do you think (he said raising his eye brows) 

Khushi: I dont know 

Arnav: I told you last night that I love you didnt I 

Khushi: Yes you did (she said with her eyes down) Its just that i am scared what if.... (she stopped half way) 

Arnav: (lifted her chin and then said to her) Have faith in me Khushi I am there for you always. I know your worried that we are not married but just trust me okay

Khushi : (she looked up at him and said) Oh no Arnavji I have full faith in you, I am not worried thatr we are not married, I mean I was but I now realize that you are not married to me because there is something about marriage that bothers you and in your own time i feel you will figure that out. 

Arnav was stunned at how she understood, never really spoke to her about it but still she understood so well, She was amazing, but then what was bothering her he wondered. so he asked 

Arnav: What is it that is bothering you then 

Khushi: Arnavji (she held his hand in hers and said) I am scared i worry sometimes is this real, is this happening... Our love for each other I am not as good as Sheetal or any other girl you have ever been with I am just plain simple Khushi, A middle class girl thats all... I get scared how will I fit in this world of yours. I am just so ordinary you different from me. You come from a different background what if I cant live up to your expectations what if I cant give our child the values that teach her to live in this rich society of yours/ Will he or she live like a middle class person I dont know Arnavji I am scared thats why I wonder how you and I are together, we are so different. (she said softly

Arnav listen to her quietly and heard every word of what she was saying and when she was done, he held her hand tighter and said 

Arnav: I dont care if your like Sheetal or lavaya or any one else, What matters to me is you. You matter to me I love you just the way you are. The sweet kind hearted helpful bubbly girl that you are. Khushi what matters to me is that i am with some one like you who I know will never leave me no matter what. I know you I know you will always stand by me forever and thats what I love about you. thats what makes you different from those girls that you love with all your heart. You dont love me for my name or my status but you love me for me. I want to do nothing more than love you for who you are. I promise whatever happens I will never leave you and dont you be scared with what values our child will have because I know you will be an excellent mother and our child will be a clean and pure person by heart because you will teach it to be that way. 

He kissed her hand and then pulled her in close, both of them hugged each other tightly

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sheena....waiting for ur updates yaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! that update was so adorable. Love the way they communicating with each other. That they expressed their love and trust. I have read this story so many times. Brilliant story and writing.

    ReplyDelete